Monday, January 14, 2008

God's Grace Upon All of Us

I'm really starting to feel that I'm taking on Biblical concepts that work against my flesh. I can't really pinpoint a verse at the moment but I'm thinking about how Christians contend with people who do not have a relationship with Jesus. I feel that the last two posts I have conjured up may really be unpopular thoughts that could be portrayed by few as an attack in their lifestyle. I really feel this emotion of wanting to close my heart to the Scriptures, when I fully don't understand some aspects. I've been receiving them from the last two posts. I think it's probably mainly because I was trying to think about how popular this blog is. As long as we stick to the guidelines of wanting to follow the Bible, who can really be against us? This is not brought up during a lot of sermons, but the Bible confirms that anyone who never accepts Christ and blasphemies the Holy Spirit will end up in hell:

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men, Matthew 12:31"

The Holman Bible Dictionary states that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is being in a state of hardness in which one consciously and willfully resists God's saving power and grace. Theologically speaking, if one comes to a point of recognizing and repenting of sin even in his or her last breath on Earth, then he or she has not committed the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Joyfully, it's neat that God's grace is really cut and dry- it's free and requires no religion. It's basically about establishing a personal and real relationship with our Creator of this world. The acceptance of Christ can be done anywhere in the world at anytime- the Scriptures do state that Jesus chose and blessed his believers with the Holy Spirit (John 15:16 NKJV). This implies to me that our Savior has an appointment for each one of us to agree upon the true doctrine of his name!

I'm not sure where this part is in the Bible right now, but I remember what the well-respected evangelical Pastor Greg Laurie said. Literally speaking, a verse in Hebrews shows that when God judges an unbeliever, he or she will need to really step over the body of Jesus to enter into the fires of hell.