Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An Inconvenient Choice To Consider

I'm not really proud of all my accomplishments. Mainly, I don't think it's me who makes everything happen. It's all really about seeking a relationship with God and growing in faith with Him. Believers just can't look up to the sky and expect a miracle to happen anytime they want. This isn't how God designed people to behave. God designed us with the privilege of being able to choose to glorify His name or not. Man was designed to never enter sin, which was God's intention all along. Then Satan came, who proclaimed Himself to be God and tempted Adam and Eve into eating a forbidden fruit. Of all likeness, it's been of human curiosity with some of us to want to stick our hand in the cookie jar without the approval of our parents.

God decided to create us to have autonomous function in worshiping by His Spirit or not. Isaiah 59:2 says "But your iniquities have separated you and your God." Our sins create a barrier with a relationship of God. God will never hear our selfish prayers, even though we sometimes carry out our actions to get what we want, which could be unethical sometimes. Many in this world today are still ruled by their own conception of a god. It is a fact that atheism is also a religion. To prove it, it's a set of beliefs that glorifies the existence and humanity of man above any other conception- it makes man their own god. So many are lost and chained to this world; I once witnessed to someone who was living for his family. He sounded like a sound fellow, but I think he was too focused on trying to please his kids instead of disciplining them. I believe undisciplined kids can be a handful to deal with.

It could be seen as an understatement to state it is foolish to neglect wise counsel. Most of us know that the elements of being financially well-off comes from investment of time, the amount invested, and having the right knowledge. The Bible has a plan that will set the right course in any man's life. An example of a consequence that results from sin is the story of Pharaoh. Exodus 7:3 states "And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt." This shows God judged Pharaoh because he would not stand out of God's plan for the people of Israel. Israelites have a bad history of getting oppressed and for being stubborn in their own ways. In a way, many of us can relate to their culture in that we could very well be controlled by other principalities that hinder our fulfillment of desires. Christianity isn't about having a religion, but a true relationship with a loving God who knows what's best for us. Want to challenge this (?)- read the Bible and bring some issues to me. I assure you that no man who does not live in the Spirit will have an accurate discernment of God's Word. The Bible explains Christians are like sheep who are tended to by the Great Shepherd, Jesus and pointed in the right direction for the field of harvesting. (John 10:27) Jesus said, "I came that they may have life abundantly." (John 10:10)

You may sense the Holy Spirit is knocking on your heart to open it. If you feel there needs to be a great change in your life, then accept your Savior Jesus by faith. Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Through Him you can know and experience God's love and plan for your life. (Romans 5:8, I Corinthians 15:3-6, John 14:6). We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God's love and plan for our lives. (John 1:12, Ephesians 2:8,9, John 3:18, Revelation 3:20). If you have never accepted Jesus and want to do it now, simply repeat this prayer, "Lord Jesus, I need you. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I confess to you of all my sins. Please forgive me. Wash me. Cleanse me. Baptize me by your Holy Spirit." Congratulations, respond to your new faith by using this verse: And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. Acts 2:42 ... Mainly it's stating to read the Bible, fellowship with others in a loving and growing church, and pray to God daily for others and yourself, as well. Try to gather enough facts to convince an unsaved friend.