Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Joy In Faithfulness

I believe that I haven't written anything so compelling for the masses to hear. It doesn't matter to me how many lives I am able to influence through leadership. What I am really aiming for is the full counsel of God's Word. It is amazing how the simplicity of the gospel can get believers carried away with a few unanswerable questions. Perhaps, some things that we can't understand about life will be revealed to us in heaven. An interesting note to make is that all believers have the mind of Christ. This means that even though our hearts are still evil and make sinful judgments daily, our minds are able to conform with Christ's seed in our hearts. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states:

"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" (NLT)

All believers will study the Bible and fellowship with others at a church, not out of feeling chores, but out of genuine love that can only originate with God. Meeting at a big decision in my life, being in the state of desiring marriage gets me to examining how much I'm able to rely on God for strength when doubts of the right spouse surfaces. Philippians 4:13 states "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me."

Our relationship with God is greatest thing to invest in because no love beats God's love. If we simply come to accept this new life with Jesus Christ, we are free from the bondages that once held us captive. We no longer fear death and have uncertainty with our lives; in other words, we have reasonable joy!