Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Right Influences

Life in a nutshell for me feels like bonding with the right influences. Could the world be possibly be driven by powerful television ads that target emotionally driven teens and young adults? I'm personally starting to question the usage of my personal time off from a struggling sales environment. Of all aspects and of the least probability, I find myself associating with the principles of the Bible and as a believer of Jesus. This does not mean I have a religion of anything though. Religion to me is something a person subjects to authority other than a governing constitution, even if it be against his or her will. I personally find having a relationship with Jesus is not a religion because it's something I seek after out of my personal desires.

It's so much more powerful to exercise spiritual freedom out of having no human interference. A Muslim told me that he relied on a teacher to be able to connect to Allah. In contrast, the Bible states in 1 Timothy 2:5, "For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity- the man Christ Jesus." (NLT) Jesus stated in John 4:14 that "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst" (KJV). God came down to Earth in the form of man and sent his Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. Jesus stated to the jealous religious leaders that he was the Savior of this world. I'm not quite sure how the Jehovah Witnesses have this idea that only 144,000 people are going to be saved. It implies a lot of laboring to find entrance in heaven, and obviously, being a prisoner to false teachings of the Bible. Ephesians 2:8-9 states that salvation comes from Jesus alone and that no man's works will convince God the person is holy.