Tuesday, February 10, 2009

1 Samuel 4:12 - 1 Samuel 8

Today, I read these passages. I have not had time to read the Bible lately. I have a burden on my shoulders which is to be the very best that I can be when writing. A verse that I liked is 1 Samuel 6:6 which states, "Don't be stubborn and rebellious as Pharaoh and the Egyptians were. They wouldn't let Israel go until God had ravaged them with dreadful plagues." (NLT)

I believe the Holy Spirit to not to be just a coincidence. I think some are still saying that Christianity is a religion or a personal reflection of correcting oneself, rather than a true relationship with God. Because of being human, I think we sometimes get a little lost in life and leave out Christ. Christ came into this world as a human who interacted with real people. Of all the phenomenons out there, I believe this to be a greater marvel than anything else in the whole universe. Jesus made his mark by resurrecting and leaving behind an empty tomb. This case about Jesus when analyzed at a historical point creates a marvelous statement of how God could surely be real in this world.

For me, I need to try to be more patient with God. With all the privileges I have, I think I could live a well-balanced and Biblical centered life. Currently, I am being prayed for and all of a sudden, I'm starting to see where I need to flourish in necessity and desires. I am finding that I can find meaning right now as a pretty satisfied bachelor. I have found that living in God, every desire can be obtained with the right cause. If God takes away a desire, it is only meant for me to allow God to do it under my submission of His will. I will ultimately allow God to edify me through the washing of His word and to eventually take on greater responsibilities in the future. I think people are here to try to help us out, but ultimately the best advice I think I can receive is to solely rely on God's advice. To search it, we need an open and willing heart to love God with all our mind, heart, and soul and to have love for others, as well. We may feel abandoned sometimes, 1 Samuel 7:2 says "...During that time, all Israel mourned because it seemed that the Lord had abandoned them." (NLT) Suffering is sometimes painful, sorrowful, regretful, or even frustrating. I don't think I can be pleasing to everybody, but what I can do is listen to people's petitions with eagerness. At this point in time, I have to stay right in the Lord with the most obvious things about my private life. Yes, I have some sexual struggles but it's not nearly that bad which prevents me from making good friendships with women.