Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Practicality Centered Around Human Reasoning

This title is a very general one for a very specific issue that I want to boldly address. My weaknesses have been centered around lack of discipline and inconsistency. Therefore, it fills me with nerves that cannot be explained sometimes and agitates me throughout the day. By relying on emotions, I lack a lot of knowledge, common sense, and government sometimes. I'm starting to realize that emotions do play a nice role with moral standards. It totally feels good to uphold wonderful values that have been going around since the beginning of Man. I think that sometimes we want to hold on to a few things to muster enough confidence in ourselves. Like, it gives us a reason to want to think we're better than others. What if those things you are looking for don't come to pass or another person proves how it will fail you?

Growing up from adolescence, I have a sin in my life that comes from a common, socially benign temptation compared to others; yet, Christ has shown me mercy and not put me to death through the guilt I have undergone. I still remain innocent from not having made physical contact in an intimate sense, but my spirit-filled life is always endangered. I now realize the importance of placing confidence in God, the author and finisher of our faith, according to the original Biblical text. This active faith found in transpiring reason, truths, and obedience fills the mind, heart, and soul. I now realize the joys that God has personally given me and the priorities that still are becoming more apparent. It does not really strike me as really stressful anymore, but more of an alarm or a calling in my life. Because of faith, with all of these human things that inspire goodness and encouragement I am able to put my life more on overdrive and enjoy that ideal life worth finding. Placing trust in the Lord through doubtful times and by being confident about my deflowering ability, I don't need to visit and give into these old temptations. Living life selfishly is something that I have a hard time telling myself, but I realize that desire should be centered in God's kingdom and that we need it to walk closer with the Lord. Sin may be pleasurable, but the real meat comes from accepting ourselves, not trying to sin, confessing when we do, and not torturing our personal aspirations, especially if we can conceive God in it! No need to stay stuck or rotten when something can be done to fix it.