Monday, October 6, 2008

Staying On Track

There are rough seasons that I believe I'm going through emotionally. I don't think that I have any struggles with depression or anything. I have been writing this blog for almost a year now pretty consistently, and I find it a little tough to pull through right now. Maybe I'm hitting a rough bump this season. I might as well visit the basics that has kept me trying to focus on God whenever I have written. The Bible tells us in 1 Cor 10:31, whether you eat or drink, whatever you do, do for the glory of God. It may feel like a plain statement that even includes our dining to focus on God. Like every area of our lives should be on track with the Lord. How then is it possible that people become Christians and remain in the Lord even through a bunch of crisis situations?

I think I have been the person who has only wanted to hear good news about people. I have never really done so well with new thoughts and burdens, except for merely existing and feeling lonely for not interacting with people, even family. All of those things are starting to change; it feels sure pretty vexing to feel sidelined at times. I think in times of boredom and blocking out priorities, we can surely get under someone's thick skin easily. I guess it's normal for close people who love you to start questioning your antics, when this happens. For a time being, I just did not want to defend myself. I just wanted all this conflict to go away. I just wanted to flap my wings and splutter and allow the Lord to intervene in my life. It's hard adjusting, but man I'm glad that my faith has not stayed put. It feels like I have the potential to imagine thousands of lives on paper. Perhaps, I should start having fun by writing imaginary stories that are dedicated to portraying human reasoning to honor God and the will of the Father with down-to-earth Biblical applications.