Friday, May 2, 2008

Making Commitments

My life is starting to center a lot around commitments. It's pretty awkward having to write about a few things that could blow its cover. I believe that through honesty and placing our trust in the Lord, no matter what incidences we go through in life, the Lord will always be there. "Thy Word is a lamp onto my feet and a light onto my path." (Psalm 119:105)

We all should cast our cares and concerns with the Lord. I'm starting to think that prayer isn't about convincing God what we want, but rather spending time to know and grow in our relationship with God. 1 John 5:14-17 states that when we pray according to God's purposes, then we know that God hears us. It's a little hard to sometimes figure why God allows some things to happen in our lives. For this reason, the book of Job can stir a lot of questions for a believer when bad things happen for being faithful. The Bible is something we all can learn to trust and grow deeply rooted in. Sometimes, things may go wrong but that is only because sin affects the world too. We all do not have a full understanding of why bad things happen to good Christians. In this respect, it's something we all need to take consideration of with the Lord personally. I, myself, feel like I had problems emotionally before and that little things would test me. I've fallen because of me failing to use discernment from the Lord, which can help us to stay upright.