Thursday, September 27, 2007

Leaving Behind Old Trail and Going To New One

It feels like my life has been all about living on the old track. I think things started out pretty good for me, even though I tried to push those things away, out of trying to be like everyone else. Now that I've left behind that old trail and gone to a new trail, I came to be greeted along by fellow brothers' messages dealing with His Word of encouragement. It reminds me a lot about putting on the new wine skin. I haven't invested that much time into the Lord, as I should have when I was smaller. I really became grieved by the Holy Spirit and felt uncomfortable with the old life-style I had. There was always this missing link in my life; this true joy that I wanted to get. For a brief moment in my life, I looked to satisfying myself by worshipping the creation and not the Creator. I felt its lack of authenticity.

Now that I've been regenerated from that old life of mischief and misfortune, I realize that I'm a new creature with lots of knowledge that I will need to pick up. No longer is there that anxiety in me to push myself to doing something and waiting it out there, while feeling lack of motivation and sickness to the stomach. I need to think like His little child again, the person who put a lot of trust and concern and love for the Son who died on the cross for man's sins. The person who felt a lot of anguish over being ridiculed and tortured by his brothers, while going through elementary school. It's so funny to now think of it that I grew up sensitive and having come to terms to it, right now!