Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Commitment to Forgiving Brothers and Sisters=)

God's so amazing to me because I can just attend church service and be released from all my troubles in the world. Recently, I engaged in some minor social delinquency, which is so minor and not serious. I think I may have exaggerated a person's emotions, just by giving her a drive to annoy her inadvertently, especially with the passing of a loved one. She's really cute actually, and I don't really see the reason in why I would want to displease her in the first place. Even though I thought I was communicating some harmless content and labeling as "not serious", these people who were also siding with the opposition were like "Whoa, not cool. Don't get me involved."

I guess I'm feeling that they wronged me more. Simply because they didn't take the time to understand me and have to make asonine assumptions that contests the distance of Earth and the Milky Way. My heart would have liked for them to do a positive thing because this guy has been skipping out on a relationship with God. (This guy is a friend that I'm not going to mention. I'm going to be so smooth, so please don't ask me, if you read this post.) I received a lot of this torture from just wanting to talk and be listened to. I need to do some forgiving, too. It gets really hard to forgive someone, without having a chance to retaliate with them. Just letting it go is so tough. I think if you deal with your offenders the Biblical way and then forgive them, then we are no longer a prisoner of who offended us. This verse needs to be viewed very carefully:

Jesus says, “I am warning you! If another believer sins, rebuke him; then if he repents, forgive him. Even if he wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, forgive him.” (Luke 17:3-4)

By the words "rebuke him", it's not talking about exacting revenge! I get tempted at times to want to do stuff to enjoy seeing people suffer. It's really hard though to get revenge on people you love, so I can see that God, who is the God of love, doesn't have any trouble showing mercy:

While we live in sin,

"But you, O Lord are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness." (Psalm 86:15)

When we ask for forgiveness with God,

"You do not stay angry forever, but delight to show mercy." (Micah 7:18b).

Apostle Paul states, "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another just as in Christ God forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32).

What are the benefits of forgiving?
It is necessary for our own forgiveness. Jesus said, "But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” (Mark 11:25, 26)
It restores Christian fellowship. Now it is time to forgive him and comfort him. Otherwise he may become so discouraged that he won’t be able to recover. Now show him that you still love him. (2 Cor. 2:5–10)
Spiritual cleansing. James says that the elders of the church should pray over those who are sick and the Lord will make them well, adding, "And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven." (James 5:15-16)

Examples of forgiveness:
Esau and Jacob. (Genesis 33:4–15)
Joseph (Genesis 45:8–15)
Moses (Numbers 12:1–13)
David (2 Sam 19:18–23)
Solomon (1 Kings. 1:52, 53)
Jesus (Luke 23:34)
Stephen (Acts 7:59-60)
Paul (2 Timothy 4:16)