Monday, February 16, 2015

Leviticus 11:26-27

Leviticus 11:26 pretty much states that anyone who touches the carcass of any animal which divides the foot, but is not cloven-hoofed or does not chew the cud, is unclean. I really don't understand what this really means so far, but okay.

Verse 27 talks about how if anyone touches the carcass of an animal that goes on its paws among all kinds of animals that go on all fours, then he or she will be unclean until the evening. What I'm thinking about right off my head is like a touching a dead lion for example. This verse says the person who does it will be unclean until the evening. I really don't understand this verse so much too right now.

What does it really mean to be unclean until the evening? Does it mean the person who was unclean would have to make a sacrificial offering after a certain time to appease the Lord? Does being unclean until evening also mean that God is allowing this act to be a permissible thing for His people, as long as some measures are taken afterwards?

Well anyone, I don't mean to sound lazy or anything, but I truly believe in Jesus as my savior and that whatever unclean act I did, by truly confessing my sins to God's Son with a repenting heart, I am made clean. It's by God's grace that I'm living in, and I am rejoicing over not having so much jumble and confusing details to work out over found in the Old Testament.