Monday, July 7, 2008

Food for Thought

I guess I'm realizing that people's focus is what may generate some productivity. Recently, I was somewhere where a lot of people like to attend on Sundays. Over here, I realized how a common goal empowers a large group of individuals to be better people. Yes, it's true that the majority of us are not gifted and that it's all by the grace of God that a truly nice person with no intent of taking advantage can get somewhere.

I received a keen verse from a friend in Proverbs 16:22 - "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed." I think it's so easy to want to lament about how we don't receive any blessings. Are we not so alike with everyone? It comes to mind that our abilities were all created not so equally, but yet we are all given God-given rights to exercise freely the plans of serving God.

I'm starting to realize that knowledgeable people make important contributions to society for an individual with big plans to implement it. Some have this great mindset of being able to creatively use knowledge outside the box. I think that's where a big number of us have the advantage in doing something big. A question I do need to ask is where's God in the picture? Is not God our Creator and does not He acknowledge being the Almighty and purposeful God? Proverbs 27:17 states "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." The Biblical principles do impose the need to be sharpened in wisdom for the sake of staying closer to the right path. Don't get me wrong in that, there's a wrong way in obtaining knowledge and we do have to be careful at times in what our sources are. I think the best person who can minister to self is the Lord, and it has to come through being dedicated with personally meditating on the Lord. We do use people for references, but ultimately the Lord is going to have the final say.

It's really hard to try to get along with people in general if we refuse to judge accordingly. No one has the right to judge whether a person ends up after they die, let's face it; not even the wisest person would have the keenest belief system of what heaven would be like except if he's been there.