Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bible verse

2 Chronicles 17:9-10 states "They took copies of the Book of the Law of the Lord and traveled around through all the towns of Judah, teaching the people. Then the fear of the Lord fell over all the surrounding kingdoms so that none of them declared war on Jehoshaphat." Jehoshaphat became the king over Judah after his father passed away after ruling for forty one years. (2 Chron. 16:13) I'm totally amazed by how good kings who feared the Lord brought amazing stability, peace, and inspiration to the people. The Bible talks about how at least some of the kings who did evil in the sight of the Lord brought upon destruction to the land because they were not really doing their job in leading the people to fear God.

Based on 2 Chron 17, it's really important to me in noticing how sometimes enemies are moved to goodness because the people are encouraged under the teaching of the Word. Jehoshaphat sent out some of the best teachers known in his land at that time and it's wonderful how the message spread out to other nations because the people could have been showing good stewardship and telling good testimonies about God.

A thing I surely am sort of pondering about right now, is that sometimes someone may not want to be fully your peaceful ally. It's been really challenging for me in how I could deal with it because of my upbringing of choosing people to be my friends. To this point in time, I need to open myself more to the Lord's attention with me. I think for starter's, it should be about worshipping the Lord wholeheartedly by being ministered upon by others and truly having a heart that's received joy from the Lord through knowing that Jesus has come into your life and set you free to become a new person.