Thursday, November 13, 2008

Living In Confidence With Jesus

These days I sometimes feel like I'm a loose junkie because I can't get worries off my mind that I'm not in the same situation anymore. I guess I don't feel so secure about being very stable with myself always, like nothing is happening in my life. I really want to feel excited about something. It's really difficult for me to place commitments in this world because I've brought myself down so many times. I think by placing my desires upon living out the Bible, it has made me feel more encouraged to be of this world. Even through our shortcomings, it's by figuring out that the center of our very lives is on the Savior of this world that we fill ourselves back up when things are tough.

Repentance is truly a vital part, to get right with God. I know that some of us are more consumed with other things- it could be having looks, money, the best girlfriend/boyfriend, or stability. Through all the sufferings that occur, some have fallen even into suicide and selfish crimes only to allow the Enemy of this world to momentarily, weaken the faith. I get really uncomfortable around others at times too, with the thought of not wanting to come across as a negative person. It's been really hard for me to make negative remarks about people; it's like I want to try to still stay nice. I've sometimes believed that by reconciling with the people who have been against me, after being friendly to them, we would have a stronger relationship.

I believe that the curiosity of sex has also made me a little naughty on myself. Here's what I've come to discover, sexual abstinence leading up to marriage should be very sexy with all the tensions and strings flying up to the roof. Even if you are single and desiring it so much, you just have to be brave and observe God's command, so that you can reap this sexy benefit. It may be hard to see emotionally when under distress, but following God's commands are really in our best interest because the Lord has interest in all our human needs. We don't have to settle for second best under the Lord's wing. We just need to have a strong relationship with Jesus. I guess we know where our strengths and weaknesses are. It's generally important to me to really be able to see the potential goodness placed on the heart. Losing it could just really disrupt the flow in each of our lives. What the Bible truly says is by taking the whole account of the Bible and letting the Spirit teach us. This happens by having a strong relationship with Jesus. The relationship can grow even with the faith of a mustard seed.