Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Social Courage

I know that for me, I'm a really short guy and as a result I've felt very shy and discouraged about sexually advancing on women during those sinful years. For the taller guys out there, there are very nice guys who sometimes feel insecure about being just plain tall. It's pretty funny to read that this balances out for them with women being naturally attracted to them. What I am coming to realize is that almost everyone still respects me even though they might try to do harm to me.

Maybe there's this ironic tall guy's way-of-thought by associating myself with being short. A chiropractor and yes, he's a licensed practitioner informed me with aid of this machine that I should weigh in at 152 pounds with my height of 5' 3.5". That's pretty ironic with the weight being a little high. I am just 160 pounds at the moment. People are like, "That's it?" when they see me sometimes. According to National Heart and Lung Institute by using the Body Mass Index - http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/, I am considered to be substantially overweight. My next-door neighbor asked me if I took steroids because she felt my chest was too big. When people guess my height, they usually add about an inch. I've stood on my toes and any noticeable change in chest does not really occur. I have sort of been feeling that I need to take advantage a little ever since writing. It's sort of made me feel guilty a little to write to people with no harm's way intended for them and then receive this mystical reaction of how they were just plain hurt by it. The majority of people don't seem to mind what I write.

It's probably this circumstance where you just don't want to wake up and find that your life has to suck for a little bit. So with this negativity being implied from what they may feel from a pretty decent guy, all these small issues that they can't resolve must make them bitter. It's interesting indeed, and I have to live with it. I thought midgets could do this nicely and get away with it! I'm not getting that special treatment! Oh man, I have to change my perceptions a little and give my appearance some more credit. People have been telling me "So what?!" about my height, even those who think "You're so short!" When I get placed with that sort of criticism, I think I still want to be prolific. I think I might not have too much to worry about it because my appearance meets an expectation that I can protect another individual, if I truly work at it.

In a way, I know that I am not really getting any special treatment. I have been very sensitive about my appearance and how it's been bugging me throughout life. I do not want to undergo any surgery, just have this feeling that I wish I could be this way a little more sometimes. My mom just wishes to tell me to shut up, every time I nag to her about being short. Maybe it's another indication that I am normal to her and that I'm really hurting myself for a stupid reason. I think I can now afford to earn the trust of women who may feel I am a bitter rivalry.

There must be a trick to all of this nonsense. There are people in my life who I truly respect with a committed passion. Maybe if I placed them in the shoes while writing to these people who I feel annoyed with, it would give a pretty normal and respectful effect. So maybe I might need some time to reason it out these days.