Monday, November 3, 2008

When Things Get Rough

When things get rough, I've realized that placing trust in God to deliver me into better times has come true. Sometimes, it's hard for an individual to see where God is especially if everything does not quite fit in a complete puzzle for him or her. I know that I've struggled emotionally to find Jesus, but there's been a period where I just decided to dedicate my time to studying the Bible and listening to the inspired teaching of God's Word. It's really filling and edifying and sometimes, our lives need to center around it so we don't starve ourselves and place our focus on idols of this world.

Currently, with my life I am trying to find a job to focus on. I have also had some friends ask me if I have a girlfriend. My next door neighbor and mom are expecting me to find a nice woman to marry soon. They just emphasize how they would want their man to have a stable job so that she could be supported by him. It's like the guy is supposed to support the woman and not the other way around. It must stem from how they are really tired with working so hard and want some relaxation. I think women seem to feel a little more bothered than guys do at times. Another friend told me the man in a relationship is someone who she gets to lean on during her fallen moments. I can really live with it because there's a joy in living with the spouse you really love and become best friends with. Right now, my life is a little tough because my emotions are not quite what they used to be. I really need to refrain from some things so that I can experience a more self-controlled life and allow the Holy Spirit to move me. I feel really good about marrying someone right now. I just can't deny what God may have in store for me with someone. I know that the world sees us as young still and marrying at around the age of twenty-five seems to be average. I will admit that my heart is desiring and getting excited to know more about a woman whose my type.