Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Here We Go Again, Same Old Stuff Again

I know life really has its temperaments and things are out there to distract us. Sometimes our lives are part of journeying into an abyss to finish an impossible mission. It's like we want to be a Hercules or a hero who stops the gods from ruining humanity. It's like we want to be there like Perseus and chop off Medusa's head and then marry the prettiest princess in all the fair lands. It's pretty interesting how she ended all chained up on a cliff so she would be sacrificed.

That being said, probably most of us wouldn't even be able to set foot on the underworld. I know I would- first off a person would have to be born to have those qualities and secondly, it just plain doesn't exist! Hades is a place that houses demons in the Bible, or it's another term for hell. The Greek god Hades is depicted as an arrogant, ambitious, and chauvinistic immortal who would stop at nothing to get what he wants. I'm sure there were times I was like that- just that I didn't possess those powerful qualities; I was pretty much like a rug rat and wanting to steal all the toys in the world. Oh well, live and learn.