Saturday, April 3, 2010

TributeTo U.S. Soldiers In Middle East

I myself tried to sign up with the U.S. Army on the year I graduated from my college. I could see myself tracking down enemy signals and decoding difficult locations of the enemy. I was going to go in to be a signal intelligence officer, or that's what it seemed. I was going to be on base, probably where the general was situated and be assisting him because I would be known as military intelligence personnel.

Nowadays, it's really hard to even get that type of opportunity for me. Yesterday, I read an article about Osama Bin Laden threatening the U.S. to not give the death penalty to one of al Quaeda's senior officers who was currently in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. I just had to write a post to give some tribute to the men and women who put themselves in harm's way to ensure the world's protection. Being a believer of my faith, I recall reading an article on the LA Times about a soldier who became water baptized in Iraq and gave witness to the coming of the Lord. May God's Spirit solely rest on all these soldier's lives. I wanted in but my parents, friends, and sister all forced me not to go in so I had to give in to them. Nowadays, I really want to do something to make this world a more meaningful place.