Friday, December 26, 2014

On Vacation

I am currently on paid leave from my work for about two weeks. It's not bad, considering from after putting in a year's effort of hard work, I'm not in debt or anything. It would be nice to pay off my private student loan. I just found out, which sort of sucks, that the government doesn't care to help you with subsidies to get that knocked off your record. It's a pretty shady practice with taking a private student loan. Make sure to do your homework and to be able to get something that is well-supported with grants by some big guns, like the state or country!

Grants are pretty much free money for having some type of status. I was given grants of about $7000 a year for just being a student. I didn't pay any taxes nor owed anything back to the government. It was such a rush because I felt like I was getting paid to pretty much study. Little did I know back then, that amount wouldn't really be enough to carry a pretty woman on a man's back. 

I'm now making way more than $7000 a year, of course. I have a full-time job, and it would be sad to work long hours and only earn that much. I could probably support a baby if I wanted to; that's about it, but a wife and a couple dumb teenagers with reckless driving records? I don't know yet. I am going after a Master's now in Information Technology or a software engineering related field. I'm really thinking about leaving my dad's business after a few years of doing it. I don't feel that passion or light to go above and beyond the calling in the industry. I want to be the best!