Monday, June 24, 2013

Staying Diligent And Committed Through The Bumps

In terms of being successful at a sport which is pretty much competing against others with a specific purpose of beating the other person and winning to exploit the positive feelings and rewards attributed to it, it pretty much takes a lot of darn commitment and hard work. There are bumps in the road of life that will occur and knock a lot of potentially good people with great skills off the map. It will also weed out the people who are weak in heart and also those who are smart to figure they can't be successful in it for any reason.

I'm sure failures make a lot of people upset in this world, but at the same time, it's also natural for others in general to also not really be mindful about it and turned off to those who have become embittered by it. I think I see that happening with a lot of older grown-ups who are jealous of others or wanting to personally entertain themselves even though their life might not be that great as they expected it to be. I remember watching this YouTube clip on how they did a experiment where this attractive woman who is clearly portraying herself to be a gold digger placing an unidentified substance (actually sugar) on a drink and then the actor who is portraying a millionaire starts acting weird and needing to be hospitalized! The observers who were guys start mocking what they saw and joking about it while hoping the millionaire hotshot gets what they think he deserves for dating this beautiful woman who is only out for materalistic things.

Overall, I don't know how I came to drawing up that funny anecdote I saw last week, but it just came to my mind. I also remember the reporter of that T.V. show being portrayed as a self-seeking beast who wants to promote himself and leave others in the dust from a movie. Hey, I guess the news media can be a cut-throat business too.