Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Martin Luther King Day


To me, Martin Luther King Jr. reminds of going through adversity and then being recognized nationally by the country for future generations to learn about while growing up. I honestly feel that the description of just adversity doesn't really do enough justice for what this man went through in history. While growing up, I was taught in school and encyclopedias that he was assassinated. I did have a strong interest for civil affairs as a child because I was sensitive from feeling like a weakling.

Nowadays, I'm no longer afraid of being in the middle of negative attention. I think I should be going after bigger causes though. In a way, what I have been dealing with is the small grounds and trying to keep my emotions in check. Overall, the lesson I get out of today's date is that some things are really worth losing your life over while being in peaceful protest.