Thursday, June 2, 2022

Living to Do Things Better

From watching the Winter Olympics, I'm realizing the hard work and sacrifices these athletes put in to be at the top of their game. They are definitely passionate about their sport; otherwise, I think they are being crazy to pursue this lifestyle! 

It's a great reminder to me that pure competition and getting to the top is a privilege you earn from putting in a lot of hard work. Of course, it takes some natural luck and passion. I guess it's unfair then for some aspiring athletes who don't have everything going for them. 

With what you can't get done or receive as a favor from others, it's shallow to dwell on it with negativity and will be looking down on yourself. It's better to accept it while practicing mindfulness and growing as a person. Because my soulmate and an estranged friend can't really do this that well, they aren't that great people to be around right now. I realize for myself that I was like this too, but now I've grown and am much happier.