Monday, August 23, 2010

Plenty Of Opportunity Yet Unqualified

I'm so sad because I know I can whoop the competition but employers want to see that you were on a payroll for 5 years on a related job for the I.T. industry. When Joe the guy who got me fired from a construction job said that network engineering industry was saturated, that's a bunch of a baloney. There's plenty out there with good pay just that they want you to have several years of experience and that once you get your foot in the door, there's opportunity to get to the coveted 100 K salary after putting some years into it. The guy was so ignorant and I could just call him up and yell at him for all I care, but I don't want to because I'm happy with everything that I tried now. I see his life as a current mess, and I seriously would tell him if he thinks otherwise so I'm being fully blunt about it.

There's no point for me to go after my dream I.T. job unless I create my own business out of it because all those companies want you to have at least 5 years and want to start you in a productive state already. I'm happy for having put myself into some business-related debt for at least trying. I'm done by a year's pay and could get bailed out by doing truck driving, but that's something to think about when I get really desperate. Right now, I feel that I have another outlet which is becoming a professional trader which is pretty difficult but I do enjoy it so maybe that's going to my break away point from being unemployed now.