Saturday, January 22, 2011

Becoming Set In Life

Nowadays, I really should be trying to focus a little more. I'm not really a natural work horse because I tend to be more play-minded with something. I remember when I was little and totally obsessed about playing a video game- obviously, I became really good at the game that I was convinced I could beat anyone and surely enough I did- just that after a time, I felt it was getting really pointless haha.

I seem to not really care that much now about playing video games as it's my life but mainly, I see it as a generally fun thing to do once in awhile. A friend asked me an interesting question, "How do you know when you're ready to settle down with having a wife and handling kids?" I told him that you really don't, just that you understand it as a part of your need. He still seems to make a big fuss about getting a girlfriend, even though he has a tendency to woo almost any normal-looking girl in private he looks at haha.

There's a lot of time and dedication that needs to take place, which I'm starting to realize for myself. This area is where we can find some support in meaning and direction with our lives. For myself, I see that I'm constantly wanting to find more ebooks to read on my computer which deals with the industry I'm a part of- I'm like trying to finish one everyday no matter how boring or unappealing it gets. I usually do some speed reading and keep in mind that I preferably have ideas that I personally think are better and want to test out.

I'm pretty much doing a lot of tweaking for my own business and seeing what types of results it will bring. Whether it's negative or not, if I find the discovery useful I try to log it in my business journal. I'm finding personal discipline right now by having my own business and realizing that I'm making use of the meaning of actual productivity that can fill me with satisfaction.