Sunday, January 23, 2011

Commitment List

I'm going to do a commitment list because I want to change some of my behaviors. Yeah, I know it's going to be very difficult to change overnight, so I'm going to write it out on this blog, no matter how silly it may sound to others.

1. No video games or television.
2. With free time, anything else besides video games or television. This is also respecting that I'm not living in sin.
3. Give hard work with whatever I want to accomplish.
4. Read Bible everyday.

About the whole Bible thing, I'm still reading a passages of Job and relate it a little to myself. I'm not Job, who was a godly person, so obviously God gives Job some credit in that area. Job 16:21 says Oh, that someone would mediate between God and me, as a person who mediates between friends.

It's incredible that faith plays a large role to Christians today because what Job was longing for is something that we should also have an urge for. I mean to say that we want to find fulfillment and all meaning with our lives and that all of these good things will come in good time through accepting Jesus as the Savior of Man.

I'm at the part in the book of Job where his friends are saying demeaning things because they're so angry at him for some reason. Come on, they fail to see his human side because all they want to point out is how he used to be so godly. I believe that I had something like this with the weird people happen to me over at Hope of God Church - haha. They were making jabs at me over how I was overshadowing people and that I needed to get some help lol. They were claiming they were the new holy people with direction for my life or something like that- what would one expect, they were acting like ignorant religious people with a nasty high blood pressure from having a temper- haha.

I know that I'm not Job, but if I was Job I would go inside the house really fast and get a wooden plank and then come running outside whacking those group of friends Job was hanging out with. I would tell them to go get a life, but instead of Job losing his cool, he sat around and kept on chatting about how Job wished to have a more meaningful relationship with God where he could have all of his knowledge satisfied from the chaos and confusion that took place in his life.