Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Establishing Swagger

One of my old trainers talked about me needing some swagger. It was while driving a school bus, and I really hated it. I was nervous about doing it because I was thinking about the negative labeling I could be exposed to by my peers. I felt the same way while trying to learn to drive a truck.

I had a coveted college degree after all and couldn't do anything to market myself because I was so weak at it. People were trying to give me advice on what to do and I was just hurting on the inside and feeling like exploding and attacking them from feeling sensitive about the whole thing. Well, a lot of that has changed recently after being able to hold a job for almost five years now. It's the longest I've ever gone in my career.

I'm looking to change careers now and grow there. I feel like I'm ready to deal with some of the hardships and disappointments and to also work at it to be a winner.