Friday, November 3, 2017

Dedicating Time

I think Jesus deserves all the focus I can give him. When I'm reading the Bible and trying to reflect on a verse by verse basis, I'm completely lost. For my reasons of studying it, I would like to find a comfort zone with the Lord and be His servant. I believe very heavily that living out the principles found in the Bible will seriously ensure a happy life for anyone who practices it.

For the most part, I can't do this on my own so I've enlisted help with a commentary that is pretty much volumes condensed into one file. It's really long and has a lot of insight and goes into depth while being written in an understandable fashion. I have been growing spiritually because of its help. What I'm finding out from trying to study the Bible on my own is that some verses aren't really that clear and may have some reigning ideas out of speculation.  

With the busy and fun life that I am setting up, I think I will be comfortable to give Jesus an hour of my time each day to study the Bible verse by verse while using a basic and spiritually rich commentary. Along the way, I also have my radio regularly tuned to listening to sermons and would be effective if I can pay attention. However, I still have yet to place my full attention the majority of the time. I'm listening to bits and pieces though while driving and then zoning out with unimportant matters.