Sunday, August 14, 2022

Putting in the Effort

A friend has admitted to me that she can't control her biological responses when she sees a very good looking man sometimes. Basically, she's making an excuse about being shallow without implying it at all to not feel bad about it and saying that it's just something women can naturally be born with in general. You sometimes have to listen to the person and it's how you communicate. 

It's important for the fully grown man to be a stronger vessel than the women he's around because it's just how the world is. From conversing with this pal, she eventually said that with the right person, preferences won't ever matter to you. She's cool about staying single though even if the right man never walks into her life. For being a single straight man, I have learned to become one of those rare guys out there who is happy to never be with anyone. 

I am content, even if I never find anyone to be with. However, just from being the person I am, I want to be constantly at my best while being happy if I'm still working at achieving anything, no matter how silly it might seem to me. I'm no longer feeling bad about constantly failing and see it as personal feedback to how I can keep on improving myself while turning the page. If I still enjoy it, then it only means that I'm meant to keep on progressing at it. For example, it must mean that I don't really enjoy gambling in Poker as much as I thought. 

I'm going to work out, take care of my appearance, and just be confident without needing to rely on anyone else for it. It's definitely a lifelong thing that I'm interested in doing, with a partner or not. It could turn into an advantage though with dating some women, but I prefer dating someone with better qualities. I'm not so hung up over appearances that much anymore and realize that a natural compatible personality along with enough qualities I look for in a partner will get me turned on. I'm also not looking to be with any single moms or ladies who have had a little too many serious relationships, which is my current preference.