Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Still Programming

I'm still tweaking a day trading system which is going pretty well so far. I'm pretty much trying to utilize a lot of principles that I have picked up over the last year with doing a lot of studying, research, testing, and practice. I feel really comfortable about trading in the Forex market, which is nice because it's a 24 hour market from basically Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon so ideally the hours seem pretty liberal and there's plenty of money to be made in it. The thing about it is that not a lot of people really know how to make money with this opportunity and also day trading is a very difficult discipline. If I have slowly been getting my skeptical mom to confide in my skills with day trading by explaining stuff to her and using a foreign Asian language which I'm not too proficient with yet, then I guess I'm getting somewhere with it these days.

I have a friend whose really interested in playing this market and sort of wants to mimic what I'm doing to make money. I sort of feel he wants to do this out of impulse because of my personal strategies I've laid out with him and my reward plan. I'm really skeptical about him really taking action to play in this market and feel like anticipating he's not going to do well. I have some worries about his lack of patience and avert willingness to create an exciting adventure out of succeeding with gambling. The two times I've seen him become arrogant about doing well about some gambles has ended up with him throwing in the towel and really cursing about losing money. I don't mind sharing the sources that I've used to create my system, but like every other system out there it's not a perfect one and will leave some in doubt. This could also leave room for a trader to get a misconception out of it and then really bust the system by doing something it wasn't intended for. I'll do the world a favor by hanging on to my system and letting it complement my personal style, which is unique from everybody else.

That's why I believe it's mostly about a trader's personality when it comes to day trading and how the trader wants to operate. With my friend, I've let myself be a resource to him in that I don't mind answering questions but I believe the most success is obtained by a person finding his or her way of making good trades to profit. I think he's just wanting to do it for the money, and I believe it's not a good reason to proceed. I sort of see that the thought of anticipating a large return will create excitement but through hardships, the excitement will die down into boredom because it's really about an average person wanting the easy life, right? Having passion with something and then going through the hardship and struggles are really important elements to succeeding in my field. It's a rare thing to find in a person, so I guess that's why I might belong to the successful 5% of this market who are out there. The art of deception is sometimes concealing the amount of hard work one does and making it look easy to others and like the person is super-talented at it, isn't it? It's a whole heck of a lot easier to do this if the person has passion for that thing man haha. 

Learning how to trade could take a considerably very long time in a market, and I don't know how many would really be willing to just jump right into something for about two years to study this thing on the side without knowing the ins and outs of it fully. The market is also highly unpredictable at times and investing in it can be significantly risky which is probably what intimidates interested people. I think it's understandable to not really want to rely on some guy whose offering you to sell his system to you no matter how good it is and to find it yourself.

Overall, I've had lots of fun with this day trading business and have been creating a good earnings out of it. It's just creating profits by using some basic mathematical knowledge and modeling relationships. From taking a senior level college course on statistical randomness, I've learned that it's possible to create some profit within a chaotic market. It was a very confusing course for me because I had a hard time learning mathematical relationships at the time by not being motivated enough. I've somehow managed to regain the confidence I need now from taking action and feeling like a slick maverick. Therefore, taking it to the extreme already by becoming a trader on the side has become a lot of fun, and there's a lot that hard work can really award.