Sunday, September 9, 2012

Letting Things Go

I realize that the art of letting go after doing something I have trouble controlling myself not to do is becoming more planted in my mind to do so. It feels uncomfortable in letting go, but at the same time I know that it is the right thing. I feel the burning sensation to give into the addictive cycle again but this time, I'm not going to. I finally see that what I've been doing is really pointless and unnecessary to get to where I really want to be in life. If something is going to happen, I mean there will be an opportunity to fix it when I really desire to obtain something at the appropriate time. 

I guess for whatever reason, people sometimes don't know how to get along with you and like to think that what they're mostly doing about it is right at the same time. All this time, it was just making me mad thinking about how they were just being when I could just let it go and move on. It was a really difficult state of being to get myself into it, but looks like moving on and letting go is doing me wonders in other areas I'm having trouble dealing with about myself too. 

For once in my life, I can let go of the sad or guilty feelings I sometimes get for feeling like a short man compared to others. It can't really be that bad because shorter woman than me don't make that much fuss about it. I can actually enjoy myself and laugh now when people make up short jokes about me behind my back or while we're messing around. It's okay with me now. I couldn't really have said all this and meant it very truthfully without learning to move on with something I feel bad about.