Saturday, April 27, 2013

Placing Proper Focus

About this whole money issue where I play poker to take other people's money, I'm realizing that it's a thing that I have been really ignorant over. Basically, I'm playing for my own benefit and not thinking about the misfortune of others at the table. I think that's how mostly all poker players are going to think anyway. The part that sucks the most is losing and then having to grind many hours again to break even and put in even more hours to make profit.

As a result, from the amount of experienced I have gained in playing poker, I'm pretty much a 50-50 player. I will sometimes profit and other times, I will lose but end up breaking even. The thing that I hate the most about the game is just spending all that time like you are having fun doing something and then realizing that nothing came out of it. For myself, my measuring tool is how much money I made from that session. When I lose, man I'm so spoiled because I don't want to spend more time trying to make back the profit I lost.

Overall, I'm just going to play some of it whenever I'm in the mood and not and hopefully I profit from it. I use a bank-roll management strategy where I only lose like 1% of it so that I will always be in the game. At the same time, I am so wish-washy about it. I don't really want to feel like I'm wasting my time. It's only good when I'm winning and when I'm losing, it sucks.

I have adopted an alternative to playing poker which is pretty much trading stocks. Then, I don't have to be sitting down and literally watching second-by-second my money depleting away. At least I can go do something else as a result! I really like that a lot better. Even when I'm winning money, I could still be focused on something else more worthwhile to me. Overall, poker is like a device for me to make money as a business and the game can have days where it's running slow and other times where it's running hot. Anyway, it is a pretty exciting game. See, how wish-washy I am?