Friday, September 11, 2015

Work vs Reward System

I'm going to try a personal reinforcement system. In a nutshell, it's the common "work hard, play hard " mantra that everybody likes to come up with. Note hard work comes first then after accomplishing something and while feeling good and on top of your game, you end up playing hard while doing something you know you like.

What about not knowing what you like doing? Well then, with my system, you would not be able to use it. School and working at the job is all hard work. Playing video games or going out trying to make a girlfriend can be painfully fun especially with all those blisters you could get from pushing buttons and getting slapped for saying the wrong thing, respectively.

I can't say I've been slapped, but I've been shouted at for saying that a woman looks fat because she had a baby and didn't get rid of the added weight. It wasn't really a nice thing to say, but I was just wondering why a bunch of shallow guys would reject her after she mentioned about not having quality dates with men.

In a way, I get to maintain my urges with playing Magic: the Gathering after being satisfied with the work into doing something. Right now, it's like all play and feeling out of whack and lot of guilt because I'm not doing enough work to get somewhere in life. I mean I have a job where I try very hard to concentrate at it, so in a way, I'm lucky to have some type of income. I just know I could do better and be living my dream!