Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Taking It Too Seriously

I'm playing Magic: the Gathering well maybe a little too much. I've just learned that the game is very similar to poker in a way which makes it almost a non-satisfying route for me. Fortunately, I'm not gambling in the game but from what I've read in the past, players used to gamble with cards in that the winner would take it.

What I recall reading is that one guy had a very cheap deck in that his cards were not that useful, so that even though he lost, he didn't really have to care. However, he would win at least once so from all the losses he had, he would trade back multiple cards from that one game he won, which is smart!

I wish I could do that in poker, and end up playing for free to make money, but I guess that's not happening. Nowadays, only the very best poker players get sponsored to play for free. That being said, it's really time to reassess my passions.

Knowing that Magic is a combined game of skill and luck, the beauty comes in building a deck that suits your interests. What's so awesome is that the combined agenda for most players is to pretty much win and whatever route is taken whether conventional or not, it's about being happy with what you got. Win or lose, it really doesn't matter but winning makes it so much more nicer. I'm an addict to being a winner, practically! I can't get enough of it, but losing some good battles can be frustrating also in a great way because it gives me more better insight to improve my game play.