Friday, July 29, 2016

Twitterpated

The word twitterpated comes from the old Disney film Bambi. I've always confused myself with Bambi being a girl's name, but while little Bambi sounds like a girl, he does magically grow up after the first year! Yeah, a lot of animals can reach their reproductive maturity fast in real life.

Anyway, it's a strong word for falling in love and living happily ever with the first suitable girl who feels the same way for you. It's like Bambi's friends reached a state of euphoria after finding their life partners on the spot. Bambi was the last to feel it and the film does a pretty good job of displaying the internal psychology of how he felt. It's actually cute in a way or can be tormenting to some people, if they are going through a lot already. I must have religiously viewed it as a kid to pass the time before my favorite afternoon TV shows because I still can recall photographic images of the movie from my head.

Anyhow, being twitterpated relates to me in that I think the friend I like also likes me. She wants to hang out with me in a group and has been implying it with me where I'm now just feeling it. I accept it in a way and I'm not like out of control about it or anything; I'm actually calm about the possibility right now. One of my main reasons is that she already has a boyfriend, and I want no part in drama related to their mess. Hanging out is cool with a group of friends and it's like so safe because no one would really think much about it in public.

I have so much respect for my friend and the feeling of attraction caught on pretty early. It comes and go, so I'm very comfortable being myself around her and having fun with entertaining each other when we do get the chance to hang. The feeling of liking her doesn't just get up and I feel lucky to associate with her. The fact that I met someone who I actually see as a potential life partner and actually can see on a pretty regular basis or be friends with is in a way like a miracle for me!

I feel like for me to marry someone like her, I'm going to need to continue to have great focus and work on reaching my goals while continuing to improve myself. It's a really healthy feeling that I get from thinking about her that is influencing me to change into a better person. I believe that God comes first in my life, but maybe she just serves as a reminder for me to stay on the straight path.