Sunday, September 2, 2018

Making Money

I don't think playing poker is going to be my go to thing anymore. It's not really fun to go on a losing streak and that's my main reason. I prefer to do trading and my methodology of making of money is simple. I look for trades that have rewards of three times my risk. The significance of this is that my accuracy would only have to be 25% to break even. How difficult does one think it is to maintain accuracy above that percentage? It's up to the person to do the math and this is what I love about managing risk in the trading world and how it even fits my laid back personality.

Therefore, I only have two things going for me with earning a living. It's maintaining a professional level of programming which I really love and feel blessed to be a part of and trading. I think I will be doing a minimalistic approach with investing and this will be semi-retirement career. I might leave the programming world once I'm able to consistently make around a $100,000 a month and then build it up to $1,000,000 per month. I will be happy with those figures. I might be able to settle down with maybe $10,000 to $15,000 a month, but I think I'll just enjoy my single life with those numbers for a little bit and once I increase my earnings then it's time to focus on raising a family.

With poker now out of the way and only trading being my only side option, I still also have programming but I would rather work for someone in the world of programming and trading being my own self-employed thing. I guess with the free time I'll look to cook and do some photo or video editing and even look to hang out with different crowds I'm interested in. I get to still study the Bible and work out too.