Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Stomaching Volatility to Invest and Trade for Profit

I think a really hard part of getting into stocks or any type of trading endeavor to begin with is getting used to the risky nature of the market. My style is taking upon small risks for greater gain of at least twice the profit where if I end up losing then it doesn't really hurt me that much. I don't really have all my money taken out of my bank account and going into playing these stocks. 

It has felt annoying sometimes to see a drawdown of my capital but I can still see the greener fields that lie ahead. It's like maintaining a positive attitude, but I also won't hold on to losers permanently either. It's pretty much just sticking to a personal system and continually refining it to adapt to different market situations. I'm still not set in stone with having one, but there is a personal guideline of how I want to go about it. In the end though, I'm able to pull off maintaining a little profit. 

I'm willing to be patient while sticking to developing my own personal system that I could put on autopilot someday. I'm not sure if it even exists fully but it's what I'm leaning towards making for myself. I feel like I have a long time to figure it out and continue to aim for a higher percentage of wins and return over investment instead of how much I really have at the moment in my portfolios. 

Maybe it's more of an artform and will require a little expert tinkering daily, so if I'm lucky enough to get good at it with all the thinking I put into it already then might as well let myself reap the rewards! Overall, I think everybody deserves to be where they are at no matter how fair or unlucky their circumstances are. The deserving are those people who can figure it out by putting the pieces together after using the right kind of tools. If they can't hack it or complain about it then it's because they are just being dumb!