Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Critique on Friend About Being Dating Coach

My friend is a slightly funky type of girl and wants to coach one of her friends who has dating problems. I told her good luck on working with that girlfriend. I don't really know if she will be successful with coaching her though. If she was like her sister she grew up with then I would understand but her personality issue seems to be rooted in something deeper than just forcing her to change around a few main behaviors for dating. What if she reverts back to any unwanted behavior for the guy she truly wants to be with? With this whole thing about wanting to be in a committed relationship and failing to do it with someone already with a particular guy she likes, it's like the guy might actually be a good match for her and wants long term too but there might be something about her that just hinders it. I think she could be a candidate for seeing a well-credentialed relationship therapist. I don't even know if my friend has time for studying something so intense like that. 

I honestly think her best level of starting out with some date coaching success will be working with someone hot and interested in a dating relationship but just shy about meeting people. She can then be like their professional wingwoman and make suggestions but they would have to also like them. Overall, I don't think she's totally cut out for coaching people through the more commonly difficult dating issues.