Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Understanding a Friend's Lack of Potential

Looking back, a high school friend of mine is really quite an idiot. He likes to be a show-off and feel like he's on top of the world one day if something happens and relive the most memorable ones, after it passes even if his life is sinking deeper into depression!

I can accept it while laughing at him and telling him straight up but I still need to put some work on myself so he won't be able to make any comeback statements that end up irritating me. For this reason, I'm not hanging out with him anymore but I'll be back once I have that in order. It's been a year already and might stretch out into several. I guess it's good to avoid his negativity and work on my main goals while being comfortable spending my time with some great friends instead. I just don't need anything from him anymore!

For the most part, I have four points about him that I will be sharing once I have my main goals in order:

1. He thinks working to make money on his own and then owning his own place is very hard. He claims that he knows everything, but this shows he doesn't.

2. He thinks he's a little better than everyone overall. There are people who have gone all the way from the bottom to the top. He's not better than these people.

3. Once I reach my main goals of being a millionaire with a nice home, six pack, good wife with possibly kids, and living much more happily; all of this is just a plain average life to me. He is below average.

4. It makes sense that he has come to accept his own depression. He deserves to be where he's at in life and to stay there.