Friday, July 9, 2010

Almost Scammed?

I received some phone calls from telemarketers about starting a home business to supplement some income. I guess I'm just bored lately and don't mind getting these calls and hearing what they have to offer. I've pretty much said no to all of the calls because it feels like I'm smelling a rat each time. Basically, I'm just refusing to pay anything after they say "Free" and then start charging for their services or reword it in anyway. Yeah, I'm bored so I signed up to get these calls. Oh yeah, I did get a call that I liked which was called Prepaid Legal Insurance. It's basically a company that gives you insurance money  if you have to go to court for getting sued. I'm wondering if I could use it if I ever come across that slightly crazy girl who placed a restraining order on me again.

For about 90% of the choices that I made for home businesses, I've actually pocketed or known someone who made a lot of money with it. I guess that's a pretty good statistic for me. I'm pretty lucky then because I actually did make money for putting some effort into it and that's something that I should be proud of. I'm now at the point of my life where I'm shooting after trading foreign currency. I guess I'm going for the big leagues where the banks actually do play on these fields. It's going to take a lot of time to get to understand it. I'm also laying off on truck driving because the hours and making money seem to leave me at a disadvantage. I almost got suckered into having a life of a truck driver, but I'm sure I would have been able to make 100,000 dollars a year by doing team driving which basically puts you on the road longer and then you like split the profit or something. A lady who was my truck driving teacher said that everybody wanted her attractive body so she had to carry a shotgun and that her driving partner one time had smelly socks and that she couldn't stand it.