Sunday, July 18, 2010

Increasing Opportunities

I guess reading about material is something that people normally do- that is those types who want to be successful in their field. There are so many stories that could arise and to have a person who was there in the front lines to share their exploitations and experiences makes it a really exciting thing to get to read about.

I'm starting to understand what some television stations promoted "Read To Achieve." Another slogan says that "Knowledge is Power." If I combine these two, then I get "Read to achieve power." I used to have some mental instability when it came to reading books and all this studying anxiety. I think it contributed to my grades sinking starting from high school. Now that I've overcome this anxiety and actually sit there for hours comfortably without worrying about wasting time while reading something that's a little dry, I think I have the right mentality now to just keep on reading anything. I'm just not really worried about absorbing every word in detail now because it just takes too long and getting the gist is like just sitting back and watching a movie for me. I guess I do enjoy reading a book a little more than watching a movie. It could just be potentially so much quicker for me and more engaging. I believe that I think about what matters to me while reading books sometimes. I might as well just adjust myself a little so I can perform better now.

I really feel like I'm not really a bookworm, I'm just reading because I'm interested in succeeding and increasing a useful skill for better assessing myself. I met a girl who claimed that she likes to read a lot of books; I guess this is pretty common to find in some women- this girl was Annie Tran over at Hope Church L.A. I was sort of attracted to her physically because it was some weird thing going on with me. Man, that was so weird to have those kind of feelings for her. I'm over it now, and I think it's cool just to be friends. I did try to prank her by giving her this weird looking glue-stick while picking up random gifts. Man, that was funny. So the poem about her being unattractive and not a boy-getter was just because I was incited after she blocked me on Facebook. She just seems to become standoffish, and some of my friends felt she was weird. I guess if she said she has a boyfriend then someone does not mind her characteristics then. I heard from a loser and questionable friend, Julio, that Annie has not a good-looking boyfriend. He relies so much on pumping himself up over the feelings of having muscles and aspirations of becoming a model. Okay, I have to say that's really funny now even though it was annoying so it's cool to let go for me now. If Annie's boyfriend is not really that good-looking then it must mean that Annie does not really care about what's on the outside that much but looks more on the inside so maybe the guy is a pretty good guy. I don't know, but I'm favorably guessing based on what Julio said about him. So for me, being short wouldn't really matter to her ideally then in just being a friend! I'm going to try to increase my height a little with these proven methods of stretching out your spinal discs by filling them with fluid through some proven yoga stretches. Pretty weird but it works so I'm going to stick to the plan. If I fail, I go down trying and don't care crying about being short each time the method I employ does not work. I'm never going to do surgery to get taller because that would be unfair for some superficial girl who thinks height matters so much to her in a marriage for her kids.