Thursday, February 17, 2011

Becoming Successful

Keeping up is not always an easy task especially if you've fallen behind something. Take for instance, if you're in school and just wait until the last minute and then have all these projects piled up which you never really completed at the end, then you're most likely in for a very long night trying to complete them. I remember when I was in school, I waited until the last minute on programming some complicated tasks and man, they took me all night because I was at the computer falling asleep and my mind would just be so fixated on figuring out a logical solution to programming while my body would just feel like falling asleep.

I don't really know how I managed to successfully complete a college degree from all the procrastination I did, but here I am world haha. What I've learned to value now is sticking to something that really helps you out which deals with anything. I would rather develop passion for something instead of having an addiction or obsession for something else. These two entities of a person are completely different from each other and can be occasionally confused by others.

I'm realizing that it's a really good thing to have something to look forward to each day, and it's something that I've personally achieved from the struggles of finding something that would help sustain me economically. I guess I'm like most people where I would prefer working hard to stay at the top. Finding this direction really came from overcoming my anxieties and trying to be diligent consistently while having patience. In a way, I was thinking differently somewhere because where I'm at is actually a very difficult place to get for the majority of people in this world- to be a little more exact, 95% of the people will fail with what I'm currently doing. Unfortunately, this statistical fact alone seems to already deter most of my friends and family if I openly share it from joining my field and coming up with some excuses even though I might become a living millionaire and offer a little help.