Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Facing Jury Duty

I'm currently one of the few unlucky people here with me waiting to be called up for the dreaded jury service. Obviously, not everybody thinks the way I do and it's just a joke. The thing that I'm currently on is one of the few computer stations and it's crowded right now so I guess I'm lucky that I get to use this machine for now. I might just get off and just lay down on the vacant seats and then just start sleeping.

Well, you do get paid for jury duty and I'm not going to say the amount that you get paid for it. Let's just say that it's not all about the money in being a juror. I sort of hope that I don't get stuck in one of those 10 day or longer trials because I have the time for it. The interesting thing about being a juror is that I remember the judge telling us to not discuss any details publically about the court case I served as a juror previously, so on this blog my bloody fingers are locked in place and won't dish out like I'm doing about Washington and Lee for their interesting and weird restraining orders that they placed on me separately at different periods. Washington and Lee would sound like a pretty funny and weird couple but I wonder how cute their chemistry would be. That sounds like a full name, Washington Lee haha.

Well, I do get a free parking spot for being a juror in a courthouse. I wish I had that when I was visiting the courthouse frequently to get more information on what a civil restraining order was about. I kept on asking people and going different places for advice on how to get this off, but from realizing through all the struggles it isn't really that bad and won't attract so much media attention if it's about some crazy people doing it to you anyway.

I don't mind opening up and being so blatantly honest about it to people who don't want to listen to me. Yeah, it's odd that people at a small church who claim to want it to grow would act so flighty with me like that and not be able to pay attention to the details I was trying to let out. Well, I personally can't recommend people to go that church because of my own personal experiences but I will be attending there again as a visitor once Lee's restraining order can't be dangerous to me anymore and is too outdated- the actual date is something I can't really set up and if I did I wouldn't let them know I'll be there- so it's going to have to be like them not being able to expect anything or know anything that's going to happen through me. Pretty much, they won't have any preparation time and will be thrown off guard this time around. Anything that they tell me they'll do in advance or calling it a warning or whatever they want to say is something I will be to work around now, and I'll be using a lot of honesty to get what I need from them. I don't need them to do anything back for me to get what I really want, which is probably going to make them feel not so depended on.

I have to go back to my jury service and I'll see if I can get out of it through using this restraining order as an excuse. Just making a quick update, this is where I reveal that I can edit my posts sometimes because I realize some spelling errors and grammatical errors so I actually end up fixing them, until I don't care what I have up there and will just leave those silly errors.

The average length of this trial will be 20 days! Oh my gosh, 20 days??? Actually, I think I'm automatically excluded by default because I listed that I'm self-employed with 0 days of compensation for pay, even though I'm actually unemployed so I might get off heh heh. I'm guessing that the trial is something that deserves attention for capital punishment which I don't really want to make a responsible decision over right now, but will if I have to live up to this duty of being a voter.