Friday, February 11, 2011

Programming Update

Since I'm a programmer and haven't done it in awhile, yes, I have a cool computer degree from studying to be a programmer (Computer Science) and I'm into hacking systems of weird people who think giving me a hard time is king haha- no, I probably won't ever get around to hacking some systems at a small church I've been talking about (Hope of God Church L.A.) but I do figure they were really weird though now that I recall enough facts, and I'm no longer nervous about them being dumb with me.

I'm almost finished with my program which is going to make me some money. I was up and tweaking the code around to try to make it work and it actually worked finally! Because of my progress, I'm like 75% of the way done now because the hardest part was integrating many ideas together and I finally did it in one gulp with a programming session. It feels exciting because I'm going to be playing in a market with my ideas (had a lot of help with some concepts I don't understand) and a program that I created for myself. Obviously, you can't have perfect winners all the time so if someone wants to steal my idea they might be in for losing some money.

It's really all about your personality when it comes to what you like with making money and to stick to it. A pretty good friend of mine is selling stuff on ebay and he made his first sale already after investing quite a substantial amount. He seems to know what he's doing to make small sales like that. I believe that mastery of your own psychology is a principle in being successful at your own business and to also figure out how to make money while managing your own risk- this could come from your own ideas, experience, and research or from even purchasing a system or education you have faith in. I know how some failures like to blame products that they tried out, so I'm pretty scared about putting my money maker out there because it's my personal pet project that always needs some constant support and won't probably ever be nearly as perfect as the others that are already there which perform well. I might as well just keep it to myself and let it rake up some money for me and then diversify a little into other related fields or pursue after other passions or hobbies with the living I make off of from using my head that fits my preferences.

I guess I could spend a little time promoting the good systems that work out there too- like the guys who really put themselves in the coffee grinder for at least a few years to develop an exquisite system that really takes care of you. I only needed to spend maybe about 10 hours so far to get this far in my programming journey but that's because I cheated a little from using some ideas that I found to work from people who already crafted them.