Monday, January 28, 2013

Improving Rest

For most of my life, I've lived a pretty tired and lethargic life. Maybe I would be so active at night time when optimally I should be resting to keep up with others and then in the morning, I would constantly pay for the lack of rest by stressing myself out in trying to stay awake! When this type of lifestyle kicks in and the person wants to do something about it like I did, it takes discipline to fix it!

First off, it didn't happen overnight for me to start feeling well-rested. I had to really sacrifice at the time what I truly valued as my daily ritual of pampering myself with all that excess time that goes way into the wee hours. At first, it didn't feel good. I think that's probably one of the main reasons why people don't kick a habit. It just doesn't feel good and makes the person feel so unnatural about things- it's just something a person really fears. In general, fear is what limits a person from succeeding; of course, it would feel normal to be afraid of failing! Basically, even though the feelings really hurt, if the person wants it deep down in his or heart to change then perseverance will take place.

I finally managed to prevail through all of those debilitating emotions by following my heart and going for  really nice and well-rested nights! I need to mention that proper diet also plays a critical role, so I have been taking this supplement that's been really helping me stay up at my long grueling job! I work quite a lot by average about ten hours a day; when I factor in the drive time and lunch then it's pretty much about 50% of the time, I'm at work during the week. I do get compensated pretty decently, so I guess it's okay motivation for me so far even though things could be better. Therefore, I'm trying to work hard to change it into a lifestyle that I personally want while accepting this predicament in myself for now.