Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years

One of the worst successive years for me have now passed. Having gone through a lot of pretty crazy emotions, I'm pretty fortunate that I came out on top with people whenever I became fully direct, open, and honest with the ones I perceived problems with. It was towards the end of the year that I started adopting this approach; it was really difficult because I notice that us guys just like to assume things in a black and white fashion and then not bother with something that could ultimately result in unnecessary drama!

What's funny is that right before the end of year, a girl messaged me on Facebook explaining in clear English what her reason was from deleting me as a friend. This was so helpful for me because now I can see a very logical reason behind the feelings. I guess women do really prefer to be emotional over being rational and with my direct approach, she must have perceived something she felt sad over and then decided to fulfill my request of giving me a straight answer so that she wouldn't personally look so bad with me.

Being straight-forward really has its advantages for a dude especially in dealing with women because the guy gets to most likely receive honest replies from them and notice the girls who are slightly crazy and unable to function very well socially.  It definitely took me awhile but I guess from being a sensitive guy when it comes to dealing with lost causes. A friend asked me why(?); my response is that I grew up feeling left out because my young friends portrayed me as a bad person from not being able to resolve any negative differences and went haywire with me. I guess it's understandable for kids to act crazy like this from not being fully mature yet, but it still pops up on a rare occasion with some people. It might be even more common then I would like it to be. Anyhow, because of my sensitivity to these issues I've adapted to a pretty moral state from being fully straight-forward with everybody who I think has a problem with me.