Tuesday, January 15, 2013

IQ Test

This is a question that only people with an I.Q. of 120 or over will be able to answer correctly.
 
If:

2 + 3 = 10
7 + 2 = 63
6 + 5 = 66
8 + 4 = 96

Then:

9 + 7 = ?

After looking at this problem for a while, I gave up on it and read the solution. I felt really dumb afterwards in missing the logic; I went totally overboard by treating the numbers like they were algebraic numbers. I'm not really going to give in the answer so that this could challenge some people's minds. I so wanted the answer to be 16! After completely ruining the approach of this problem with my wandering mathematical imagination, I now see how I missed it after reading up on the solution. 

Anyhow after feeling dumb, I took a boring I.Q. test and scored 124. I guess my personal suspicions were correct in how I normally test. I have also read that people could increase their I.Q. through proper nutrition and exercise along with continually practicing these exams. Overall, high I.Q. must be something that people could also obtain through diligence. I heard that people who consider one of the best presidents ever, Ronald Reagan had only an IQ of 105. It just goes to say that having a high I.Q. doesn't really mean anything unless it's being used for something. Also, using any amount of intelligence to the fullest scale that any person can muster would be able to amount to a great achievement. Therefore, I must conclude that the heart of a human's will can be very powerful and admirable.