Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Starting Fresh

I think one of the worst parts for a woman is to deal with something that offended another person and trying to forget about it, especially over something that could be looked upon so sensitively. With the experiences I have had, I'm not really considered that incompetent anymore with some people who probably wouldn't have executed judgement with me originally. In a way, it's a good and bad thing. For starters, I've been rushed into having to think like an adult now in this world and to deal with those painful feelings that some girls had when they were a lot younger.

What I think is that sometimes we adopt a mental coping strategy while thinking it gives us an advantage. It has its quirky and retarded attributes when applying it to how we want to live life. For instance, one of my buddies is saying like how his mindset is the most perfect thing he could come up with and is better than most people's. At the same time, he tells me that he has accepted a state of permanent depression. All of that effort for still an up and down roller-coaster like experience in life? I think I'll have to pass on it.

What I'm noticing is that it's really scary to adopt something new when after having tried a few different paths, it just came up making us feel empty-handed. Obviously, for me mentioning all of this; I really want a wonderful change to take place in my life now. I really need to drop an act that I feel bad over, and it's like I can't stop. It's what some like-minded Christians would say, "Once a sinner, always a sinner." I think my dad preached to me once that there are three major pitfalls everyone should avoid: quarreling, lust, and greed. Finally, it's really hard in life to master this form of self-control for a reason I think.