Saturday, July 25, 2015

Dedication

I notice there are three steps to ensuring a good life. The first one is planning, the second is dedicating, and the last step is reassessing yourself.

I'm practically great at planning and reassessing myself but I stink at being a dedicated person. I think it's great to add the Lord's wisdom through the Holy Spirit in each of these steps. To be able to have a sharper mindset for the things of the Lord, it's important to study God's Word and have it planted in your heart. It's not uncommon for believers of the Lord to become better servants from spending time with these little QTs. It's hard to do and I'm no exception. I just like talking and defending about how it's good to do, even though I don't always get to it.

What I'm noticing for myself is that I need to cut out the excess because I have planned for myself so many good things. It feels rather empty at times because I think I'm trying to kick out the Lord or when I do invite Him in, I still don't feel like going after my wonderful plans. I think it's just from feeling lazy or tired and wanting to pass the moment with doing something fun.

From reassessing myself with doing all that fun stuff, it feels like really cheap thrills and I'm not liking it that much. I'll try to complete all my goals in one setting and then reassess myself and see how I like it.

I really loved it when I earned a 100% and 99.9% grade on my graduate courses. I was feeling great about it.