Friday, July 31, 2015

Enough Magic the Gathering?

I am really fond of playing my heart out with Magic the Gathering. Maybe I should really think about going on the competitive circuit with it when I'm a millionaire! I can buy all the expensive cards I need and have all the time in the world to challenge the top players for some moolah on the line.

It sounds a little silly I know, but I can't really help myself. I'm really drawn to the card game and like the style and format of it, whether I keep winning or losing. I guess it gets boring when I keep on winning. The losing part makes me uncomfortable and coming back for more while adjusting my style and changing cards to update my strategies.

Anyhow, I have one deck that I stole online (that's right) by reading up on the official website. They basically gave it away, so I feel a little sheepish and try to beat it all the time. The deck I obtained from that website pretty much beats every single deck that's out there. If we play about five times, I'm bound to win at least twice. It doesn't matter what cards the person has, it's just that good of a deck. Well, I found my champion deck with the help of the site, which doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment! I've been still playing at it for hours everyday because I am always in denial and having fun playing myself who is playing that deck and trying to introduce original play. I actually like playing other players better though. Sometimes, no one is available so I end up doing that.

From playing others, it's actually giving me the idea to use certain cards in my deck while understanding its effectiveness.