Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Another Made Up Story

"Fantastic to see you burning up, mate!" said a man with a high-pitched masculine and Australian accent over the cell phone. Jerry peaked into his mailbox and took out a postcard with a full-sized photo of his friend's pet kangaroo posing with punching gloves on the front side and then flipped it over to nonchalantly see the same phrase reiterated next to his stamped address.

"When are you finally giving me your address without having to hack your phone, you wild ass?", Jerry sarcastically asked on the phone. Immediately after sensing anticipation, he drew the HTC away from him and rolled his eyes while his friend Jack erupted in laughter on the other line. After catching each other's breath, Jack resumed, "How's Jenny?"

"I don't know, she left me! I'm stuck living in the middle of Death Valley until I finish my poorly funded research. It's so freaking hot here." Jerry stood there lamenting about how his unwavering dedication to his scientific community was contributing to his crumbling marriage with his high school sweetheart.